Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is perfect for a busy weeknight meal. This amazing dinner combines all your favorite flavors of chicken, ham and swiss cheese but makes it fast to prepare. This uses a rotisserie chicken but you can also use leftover chicken as well! We all love an easy chicken casserole recipe, but you won’t believe the secret addition that makes this one so amazing….
Yesterday as I finished up my work-out, I caught a quick glimpse of my 3 year old daughter outside, 100% butt-naked. Nothing. Nada. Just those cute little cheekies running down the sidewalk for all the neighborhood to see.
I dashed out the door, gathered her up and sternly asked why in the world was she playing outside naked?!? Offended, she crossed her arms and declared, “I’m not!! I have my necklace on!!”
Those chunky cheekies also made another appearance this week when checking-in on her before I went to bed. She was sound asleep and naked once more, but accompanied with an extremely large collection of toys perfectly lined up in a very OCD manner. I’ve decided both of these instances are cute and adorable. I even took pictures to use as blackmail for when she is older. However, if there is a third naked occurrence anytime soon, I might have to begin seeking help.
You have to admire her level of body confidence. Maybe if I only ate salads, exercised all day long and never ate anything indulgent like this chicken cordon bleu casserole, I could have the same confidence that my naked 3 year old has 🙂 But nah…it’s not worth it. The reason I exercise every day is mainly so I can eat more food every day. For me, a 3 mile run is worth it if I can enjoy a creamy, delicious and easy chicken casserole like this for dinner. Every one of my kids LOVED this dinner and that rarely happens. With six kids, odds are that at least one of them will turn up their nose at it. Not the case with this chicken casserole recipe.
I am always on the hunt for leftover chicken recipes so if you would rather not use a rotisserie chicken, feel free to use any other form of cooked chicken, but be sure it is well seasoned when you cook it. I just can’t pass up those delicious $5 rotisseries at Sam’s Club when I am in a rush. Convenience is worth it sometimes!
If you don’t have a Sam’s or Costco close to you with the large rotisserie chickens, you will need two of the smaller ones they sell at your Walmart. You want somewhere between 5-6 cup of chicken.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole VIDEO
Looking for More Easy Casserole Recipes?
Craving more than chicken? Subscribe to My Kitchen Escapades to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! You can also stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube for all the latest updates.
Are You Part of the Squad?
Our PRIVATE Facebook group is for anyone who is DONE with the stress and frustration with all aspects of getting dinner on the table every night! We got you covered for everything: planning, shopping, meal prep, cooking, and clean-up! Click here to join for free!Print
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole makes for a delicious, easy dinner recipe for a busy night. Super kid friendly chicken casserole recipe.
- 1 large rotisserie chicken, meat removed and pulled (about 5–6 C)
- 1/2 pound sliced deli-style black forest ham, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced swiss cheese
- 4 Tb butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tb flour
- 3 C milk
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 Tb dijion mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tb melted butter
- 1 1/4 C seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick spray. Layer the chicken in the bottom of the dish followed by the ham and finally the swiss cheese.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add garlic. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add the milk, whisking to keep clumps from forming. Turn the heat to high and cook until the sauce thickens and boils completely, whisking often. Remove from the heat and add the remaining sauce ingredients. Pour the finished sauce over the base layer already in the dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients until the butter is evenly distributed over the crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the dish and bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving so the sauce with thicken just a bit.
- Serving Size: 1/10 th
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 1410 mg
- Fat: 33 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 41 g
- Cholesterol: 144 mg
Keywords: easy chicken casserole recipe