Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole makes for a delicious, easy dinner recipe for a busy night. Super kid friendly chicken casserole recipe.
- 1 large rotisserie chicken, meat removed and pulled (about 5–6 C)
- 1/2 pound sliced deli-style black forest ham, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced swiss cheese
- 4 Tb butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tb flour
- 3 C milk
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 Tb dijion mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tb melted butter
- 1 1/4 C seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
1. Layer the chicken in the bottom of the dish followed by the ham and finally the swiss cheese.
2. Melt the butter over medium heat, in a medium saucepan, and add garlic as it melts. Keep stirring with a rubber spatula to avoid burning.
3. Stir in salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika and lemon juice.
4. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the milk, slowly. Whisk often to keep clumps from forming. Turn the heat to high and cook until the sauce thickens and boils completely.
6. Pour the finished sauce over the base layer already in the dish.
7. Mix the topping ingredients, in a small bowl, until the butter is evenly distributed over the crumbs.
8. Sprinkle over the top of the dish and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving so the sauce with thicken just a bit.
- Serving Size: 1/10 th
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 1410 mg
- Fat: 33 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 41 g
- Cholesterol: 144 mg
Keywords: easy chicken casserole recipe