- 1 large rotisserie chicken, meat removed and pulled (about 5–6 C)
- 1/2 pound sliced deli-style black forest ham, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced swiss cheese
- 4 Tb butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tb flour
- 3 C milk
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 Tb dijion mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tb melted butter
- 1 1/4 C seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Layer the chicken in the bottom of the dish followed by the ham and finally the swiss cheese.
- Melt the butter over medium heat, in a medium saucepan, and add garlic as it melts. Keep stirring with a rubber spatula to avoid burning.
- Stir in salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, and lemon juice.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, slowly. Whisk often to keep clumps from forming. Turn the heat to high and cook until the sauce thickens and boils completely.
- Pour the finished sauce over the base layer already in the dish.
- Mix the topping ingredients, in a small bowl, until the butter is evenly distributed over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle over the top of the dish and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving so the sauce with thicken just a bit.
Feel free to use any leftover chicken you have on hand instead of a rotisserie chicken.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1/10 th
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 1410 mg
- Fat: 33 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 41 g
- Cholesterol: 144 mg
Keywords: chicken cordon bleu casserole, leftover chicken recipes