I was extra motivated to come to the conference this year and take advantage of the networking opportunity and learn from all the attendees. You see, beginning this August and for the first time in 20 years, I will have three days a week with absolutely no little ones at home because Jones Baby #6 starts preschool!
As a momma, that reality makes me surprisingly sad and sentimental. However as a blogger, it makes me quite excited to tackle a whole new level of this blog adventure that I didn’t have time to do until now. There was no doubt in my mind that I needed to get to this conference to get my mind working and my creative muscles warmed up.Knowing how much amazing food I would be consuming this weekend, I’ve been sticking to a lower carb diet in preparation. I wanted to be able to indulge and still have my clothes fit afterward 🙂 My family was quick to declare this marinade as the best marinade for the grill in my repertoire! Since we adore Thai food in our family (i.e. Thai Chicken Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce), I have tried other Thai marinades in the past but I have been generally disappointed. I decided it was time to rely on my own culinary prowess and the result was outstanding! Exactly what I was looking for: spicy, sweet, salty and sour.Print
Thai Pork Skewers
- 4 lbs pork loin, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 heaping tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/4 C thai red chili sauce
- 1/4 C fresh lime juice
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1 Tb sriracha
- 1 1/2 Tb fish sauce
- 2 Tb sesame oil
- 6 Tb vegetable oil
- Combine the marinade in a large bowl. Add the cut pork and marinade in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat for 8-10 minutes until very hot. Place the pork on skewers and grill for 5 minutes, flip and grill for another 3-5 minutes depending on the thickness of your pork pieces.