Thai Chicken Salad is hands-down the best salad I have ever made! Fresh, healthy greens combine with grilled and marinated chicken, veggies, peanuts, a spicy Thai peanut sauce and sweet chili dressing. This is a Thai salad recipe is one you just can’t stop eating and super kid friendly as well. Now, if you can keep a secret, I will share with you the secret ingredient that makes all the difference….
Last weekend, our church had a two day conference that was simply outstanding. After it was over, I left feeling like a better version of myself: humbled, energized, uplifted, happy and ready to conquer the challenges life flings at me. We all need that in our lives every so often, don’t we? Sometimes we don’t realize how far from our goals we have strayed until we take the time to step aside from the daily madness and re-evaluate exactly where we are.
I allowed myself to become too busy to completely recognize I wasn’t where I wanted to be. Course correction time. Have you ever had one of those moments when you realize you can do better? Not just better but significantly better.
After our conference was over on Sunday evening, I served this gorgeous Asian chicken salad for dinner instead of the normal Sunday fare of roast, potatoes, rolls and dessert. In general, serving a salad as a main dish doesn’t go over very well with the Jones kiddos, but when you replace their most sacred meal of the week with one….boy, oh boy! You should have seen the looks and heard the grumblings. However, after actually eating the salad, the response was….(no lie, this is a direct quote)….”If salads always tasted as good as this one, I would eat them all the time!”
Thai Chicken Salad with Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
My favorite salad recipe because not only is it super healthy, it is completely satisfying as well. Loaded with chicken, peanuts, veggies and an amazing Thai Salad dressing.
Thai Chicken Marinade:
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 2 Tb rice vinegar
- 1/4 C sugar or 2 Tb Truvia
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- dash of salt and pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – about 2 1/2 pounds total
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1/2 large head of napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 C salted peanuts
Thai Salad Dressing:
- 1/4 C rice vinegar
- 1/4 C Thai sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar or Truvia
- pinch of salt and pepper
Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 C natural peanut butter
- 2 Tb soy sauce
- 1 Tb rice vinegar
- 1 Tb Thai sweet red chili sauce
- 2 Tb water
- In a ziplock bag, combine all the ingredients for the chicken marinade. Mush it all around, then place it in the fridge for at least 4 hours to marinade. Cook the chicken either on a hot grill, 6-8 minutes a side or in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Allow it to cool a bit, then chop up all the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, except for the peanuts, then add the chicken. Combine all the dressing ingredients then pour over the salad. Toss until the salad is evenly coated with the dressing. Dish out the individual servings of the salad.
- Stir together the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a small bowl. If the sauce is too thick to drizzle, add a bit more water. Generously drizzle the peanut sauce over each serving of salad then top with the peanuts.
**My friend, this post contains Amazon affiliate links which means I receive a small compensation, at no additional cost to you, if you make a purchase using my link. If you decide to give this project a try, I will be your bestie if you would use the links from this post. And no worries….I only link to products that I both use and love! ~Carole