This morning, I am very sad and depressed. This morning I slowly pulled into the port of Vancouver after an outstanding week sailing down the coast of Alaska. Being sad and depressed at the end of a vacation is the true sign of something memorable, right?
I am not one of those friends who makes you sit through hours of vacation pics. Just trust me and get your cute patootie to Alaska. Seeing it in person is just as amazing as eating a delicious meal compared to just looking at a picture of it. Go!
Lasagna Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 6 large portabella mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 Tb olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 C park skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 C drained frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 C tomato pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray a large rimmed cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and use a spoon to remove the dark gills on the inside of mushroom. Lay them top side down on the sheet. Combine the olive oil and garlic, then spread it evenly inside each of the mushrooms. Generously salt and pepper each mushroom and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, egg, parmesan, 3/4 of the mozzarella, spinach, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Remove the roasted mushrooms from the oven and use a paper towel to absorb any pooled liquid inside the mushrooms. Generously fill each mushroom with the cheese mixture, spoon on a couple tablespoons of pasta sauce on each then top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes. Serve with additional pasta sauce on the side.
- Serving Size: 1 mushroom
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 997mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 18g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
I can’t believe I’m the first to rate a recipe, but here goes. We just had these for dinner and YUM! My only change was cottage cheese instead of ricotta. We’ll be looking forward to this recipe again soon. Thanks for another good one!
I’m so happy to hear that Joni and THANK YOU for coming back and leaving your review of this recipe. They help so much!