Grilled Thai Chicken Skewers are the perfect summer dinner idea and explode with all your favorite Thai flavors. I love a healthy grill recipe that takes just a few minutes of prep time and is kid friendly. The marinade brings that perfect blend of savory, sweet, sour and spicy with peanut butter, sweet chili sauce, lime juice and sriracha.
These grilled thai chicken skewers were initially inspired by my Thai Pork Skewers I created a few years ago but I altered the recipe so the flavors work better with the change from pork to chicken. The chicken is a bit lighter of a protein so I increased the amount of acid to lighten the marinade as well, plus you must not skip that squeeze of lime over the top of the finished shish kabob.
When it comes to picking the actual skewer to use, you have many options but I always recommend some nice long, heavy duty stainless steel skewers. They are flat, which keeps the food from rotating on them when you turn them over and the longer length can fit so much food on one skewer. Wooden ones work and they are cheap, but even when you soak them in water first, they still like to catch on fire.
I know a few of your are thinking you’ll just skip the lime juice and cilantro to finish off the dish, but please trust me that these skewers need them to truly knock it out of the park. These additions aren’t just for looks. They bring the perfect amount of freshness to the dish and makes them completely addictive!Print
- 5 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
- 1 heaping Tb of peanut butter
- 1/4 C sweet thai chili sauce
- 1/4 C rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1/3 C lime juice
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tb honey or agave
- 2 Tb sesame oil
- 2 Tb fish sauce
- 2 Tb sriracha
- chopped cilantro and lime wedges for finished dish
- Mix together all the ingredients and let the chicken marinade for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high and put the chicken pieces on skewers. Place the skewers on the hot grill and grill for 5-7 minutes, flip and then cook for about another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with a generous squeeze of lime juice and fresh cilantro sprinkled over the top.
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 971mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 38g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
**My friend, this post contains Amazon affiliate links which means I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase using my link, at no additional cost to you. And no worries….I only link to products that I both use and love! ~Carole