Southwest Chicken Quesadillas….the perfect excuse to stuff all your favorite foods between two tortillas, along with a bunch of melty cheese: chicken, corn, black beans, and green chilis. This quesadilla recipe will be your new go-to meal when time is short and you need a really satisfying meal. If you have every wondered how to make quesadillas, this is the recipe you want to try first because you will never need another one!
This chicken quesadilla recipe is one that saves me about once a week. You know the scene all too well: I’ve been working all day long and suddenly it is 5:00 pm, which means it is much too late to cook whatever dinner I had planned on preparing. My first instinct is to call for pizza, but not only is this quesadilla recipe much healthier and less expensive, it will be ready faster than the pizza being delivered to your door.
Since my kiddos love quesadillas just as much as I do, it is one of their favorite meals to make when they are responsible for making dinner for the family. It doesn’t get much easier for a kid to make dinner than combining a few canned pantry staples and cooking them between some tortillas. This recipe is one I created many, many years ago when I was a young Mom and just didn’t have a ton of time or money to make dinner. After all these years, it is still a family favorite because they are just so yummy!
Now, these killer quesadillas wouldn’t be finished off without my best guacamole recipe! I believe almost everything is better when it is slathered with guac, but if you prefer some sour cream instead, go for it.
Watch for yourself how to make quesadillas in 45 seconds:
One of my favorite kitchen gadgets is featured in that video, my citrus fruit squeezer. I know you could always use your hand to just squeeze out the lime juice, but I am truly amazed how often this handy tool comes out of the drawer.Print
Southwest Chicken Quesadillas
Chicken quesadillas are an easy dinner recipe idea when you are short on time! Loaded with corn, black beans, green chilis and chicken. And don’t forget all that ooey gooey cheese 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 15 1x
- 15 small flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 C chopped cooked chicken
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 once can corn, drained
- 7 once can diced green chilis
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 8 ounces cheese, grated
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, black beans, corn, chilis, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Lay one tortilla on the counter and sprinkle on a little bit of cheese on half. Cover the cheese with the bean mixture and then top it with a bit more cheese. Fold it in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat. Once the cooking surface is hot, place the quesadilla on it and cook until it is brown. Flip it over and repeat on the other side. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.
**My friend, this post contains Amazon affiliate links which means I make a very small profit off of any product you purchase using my links at no additional cost to you! Please know I only link to products I both use myself and love**