Chicken quesadillas are an easy dinner recipe idea when you are short on time! Loaded with corn, black beans, green chilis and chicken. And don’t forget all that ooey gooey cheese 🙂
- 15 small flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 C chopped cooked chicken
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 once can corn, drained
- 7 once can diced green chilis
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 8 ounces cheese, grated
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, black beans, corn, chilis, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Lay one tortilla on the counter and sprinkle on a little bit of cheese on half. Cover the cheese with the bean mixture and then top it with a bit more cheese. Fold it in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat. Once the cooking surface is hot, place the quesadilla on it and cook until it is brown. Flip it over and repeat on the other side. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.