There are some recipes that I just assume people know how to make, like my Rock Star Guacamole, until someone calls me and proceeds to sternly inform me that a certain recipe of mine is not on my blog. So as a result of previously mentioned phone call, I present to you my best guacamole recipe 🙂
My husband is one who loves a lot of “stuff” mixed into his guac. I will never forget the first time he made some guacamole for our dinner when we were newlyweds. I couldn’t figure out what the heck the mushy chunks in the guac were, so I asked him. Are you ready for his answer? Are you sure….cottage cheese! Nasty, nasty, nasty!
I am a purist when it comes to guac. I want to taste the avocado….I know, weird 🙂 My recipe truly lets the avocado shine through and is perfect with chips or slathered on your favorite tacos! My favorite way to eat this guac is with my famous Pork Carnitas. Dinner doesn’t get any better than that my friend!Print
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 rounded tsp salt
- 1/4 rounded tsp black pepper
- 1/4 rounded tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 rounded tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Remove the flesh of the avocados from the skin and throw away the seeds. Place the flesh in a small bowl and mash it with a fork. You can make it smooth or chunky! Add the seasonings and fresh lime juice, stir and serve!