Two weeks ago, I mentioned in a post that every week at the grocery store, I buy a 5 pound package of boneless skinless chicken breasts. I bake the whole package at one time, cut it up and use it all week for lunches and dinner. It is a huge time saver for me and it also keeps me on track for eating healthy. You see, if I know I have some yummy protein already cooked in fridge at home, it is easier to pass by those lousy fast food places!Apparently, you loved this idea as well because I received so many emails asking how I bake the breasts and then how to use it to make quick meals. In response, I present to you my Chicken 5 – 5: how to turn 5 pounds into 5 quick and easy dinner recipes for a whole week of menus!
I use my juicy and flavorful cooked chicken breasts in so many different ways, often depending on my mood, but I thought it was important that I share with you my 5 favorite recipes to use my pre-baked protein in! My recipe for the actual baked breasts is at the bottom of this post, so just keep scrolling, just keep scrolling, just keep scrolling…..
Chicken Avocado and Bacon Pasta Salad
Chicken 5-5: 5 Easy Dinners from 5 lbs of Chicken
- 5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lime (red wine vinegar can be substituted)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a large cookie sheet that has edges.
- Trim any fat from the chicken breasts and place them smooth side down on the cookie sheet. Squeeze half the lime over the top of all the chicken and then generously season with the salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Turn the chicken over and repeat the lime juice and seasonings with the other side.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to sit on the pan for at least 5 minutes before cutting into pieces. Pour a 1/4 C of very hot water in the bottom of the empty pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape up all the drippings off the bottom of the pan. Place chicken into an airtight container and pour the drippings over the top. Chicken stays good in the fridge for 10 days. Use in your favorite recipes!
Leave a Reply