A quick chili recipe can save the day on a busy, cold weeknight! My homemade beef chili recipe comes together with just three ingredients and some simple spices. Ready for dinner in 15 minutes or less so you can carry on with the craziness of life? This easy chili will get you past your family’s demand for a tasty, healthy dinner….especially if you throw in some cornbread 🙂
Here in Minnesota, the days of salads or burgers for dinner are long gone. Every evening as I emerge from my office and my toes are frozen from being under my desk all day, all I want for dinner is something very warm and satisfying. This beef chili recipe hits all the right notes for my cold toes and fingers. Plus, I have been eternally banned from serving my chili without a large, hot pan of my California Cornbread as well.
This recipe takes no longer than 15 minutes to whip up but it tastes like it has been simmering on the stove all afternoon. And if you are worried at all about a chili that is spicy, like the majority of my 6 children, then just leave out the red pepper flakes completely.
This ground beef recipe is one I created for my new cookbook that will be coming out in 2019. It will be based on the same concept to prep your dinners as my TAKE 5 Chicken cookbook : cook your protein all at once at the beginning of the week, then transform it each night into 5 quick and delicious meals. It is the only way I can make dinner every night and stay sane 🙂Print
This homemade chili recipe is loaded with beef, chili beans, and is super kid friendly! Especially if you serve it with a slice of cornbread 🙂
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 – 15 oz cans of chili beans, undrained
- 2 – 14 oz cans of petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Tb chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes – optional
- In a large pot over high heat, add the ground beef along with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper. Brown the meat until all the pink is gone and break it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the 2 cans of undrained tomatoes and stir. Use your wooden spoon to scrape off any bits of meat stuck to the bottom of your pot. Add the 4 cans of undrained chili beans and the remaining seasonings. Bring to a boil and then it is ready to serve!
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 1123mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 35mg