This homemade chili recipe is loaded with beef, chili beans, and is super kid friendly! Especially if you serve it with a slice of cornbread 🙂
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 – 15 oz cans of chili beans, undrained
- 2 – 14 oz cans of petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Tb chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes – optional
- In a large pot over high heat, add the ground beef along with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper. Brown the meat until all the pink is gone and break it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the 2 cans of undrained tomatoes and stir. Use your wooden spoon to scrape off any bits of meat stuck to the bottom of your pot. Add the 4 cans of undrained chili beans and the remaining seasonings. Bring to a boil and then it is ready to serve!