Parmesan Skillet Chicken with Lemon Garlic Sauce is a simple one pot dinner recipe that is fancy enough for company! It is a killer low carb supper or you can use the sauce to spoon over some pasta as well.
As I mentioned in last week’s post, I’ve been having significantly too much fun using my new 10 piece set of Wolf Gourmet cookware. My favorite piece of them all is the 11.5″ skillet because I use it all the time. No joke. At least once a day.
I know you think I’m full of it with that declaration, but I submit this sexy skillet chicken as my first piece of evidence that I am tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God.
Not only does this chicken turn out super moist and screaming with fresh flavors, it is all prepared in one pot! Less mess makes me a happier human being.
If you are a low carb lover, this dinner will be your new best friend or this sauce would be fab over some angel hair pasta as well. Make it work for your lifestyle!
Take a peek at this 45 second video and see for yourself how simple it is!
And, before you rush off to make this yourself, don’t forget to CLICK HERE and ENTER TO WIN some of this beautiful Wolf Gourmet cookware to use in your own kitchen!Print
Parmesan Skillet Chicken with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tb oil
- 1 C chicken broth
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 3–4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 medium shallots, diced small
- 2 Tb salted butter
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1/4 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 basil leaves, rolled up and sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the chicken broth, lemon zest and juice and the red pepper flakes in a small bowl then set aside. Use the heel of your hand to gently pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness, around 1/2″ thick. Generously salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and once hot, add the oil then the chicken, smooth side down. Let it sit untouched in the pan for 3-4 minutes until a nice golden crust develops. Turn the chicken over and do the same on the second side. The chicken will not be completely cooked yet, but remove it from the pan, reduce heat to medium and add the shallots. Stir with a wooden spoon until they begin to soften and then add the bowl of liquid you previously mixed. Use the spoon to scrape off the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Return the heat to medium high and allow the liquid to reduce by half.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter, stirring it until it melts then add the cream. Whisk it in then add the chicken breasts back to the pan. Spoon some of the sauce over each breast before putting it in the oven to bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 431
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 327mg
- Fat: 39g
- Saturated Fat: 23g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
Hineaka Black says
This chicken recipe is absolutely beautiful.I was a dubious about cooking this dish due to the use of cream but it has a very strong lemon flavour and the chicken was tender and moist. My darlin loved it also I certainly won’t hesitate to use this recipe again!
I’m so glad you liked it Hineaka!
The recipe never tells you when to add the garlic. But this was amazing!
As the other poster noted, you never add the garlic!