Our favorite BBQ side dish recipe because we hate normal potato salad. This tastes just like a baked potato with cheese, bacon and sour cream.
- 6 large Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes
- 3/4 C sour cream
- 6 Tb mayonaise (not Miracle whip)
- 3/4 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled or 2.5 oz bag precooked bacon pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt, divided
1. If you desire, peel the potatoes or leave the skin on for a more rustic salad. Dice the potatoes into bite sizes pieces, put them in a large pot of water and cover the potatoes with cold water. Add 1 tsp kosher salt to the water, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook for about 8-10 minutes depending on the size of the potato pieces. You want them tender enough to cut through them with a fork, but not so tender that they fall apart. Keep an eye on them! Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool a bit.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together all the remaining ingredients, holding back a bit of chives and bacon for the topping on the salad. Once the potatoes have cooled slightly, mix in the dressing, top with the set aside chives and bacon and serve if you would like it warm. You can also serve it cold, but wait to top with the extra chives and bacon until serving.
- Serving Size: 1/12th
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 490 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 12 mg
Keywords: easy side dish recipe, BBQ recipe