Baked BBQ Chicken Sliders are ready in 20 minutes and are the best sliders you have ever had! I promise 🙂 The shredded chicken is loaded onto Hawaiian sweet rolls, then topped with garlic butter and parmesan cheese before being baked to golden perfection. Can you say melty cheese? This is how you do a quick weeknight dinner or is a crowd favorite at your next party.
If you only have a few minutes of prep time for dinner tonight, this is the easy meal you need to get a crazy-delicious dinner on the table quickly! They also make the perfect appetizer at a party so hang onto this recipe for the next get-together with friends.
Since this recipe uses already cooked chicken breasts, all you really have to do is assemble the mini sandwiches and pop them into the oven until they are hot and golden brown with melted cheese oozing out. Serve them with some celery sticks, blue cheese dressing, or ranch dressing and you are done!
BBQ Chicken Sliders FAQs
What if I don’t have leftover chicken to use?
- Rotisserie chicken – the first thought is to grab a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store because it is quick and delicious. The only downfall of this option is that it will take quite a bit of time to remove the meat from the bones.
- Frozen cooked chicken – if you haven’t discovered the already cooked protein section in the frozen aisles of your grocery store, go check it out! It creates so many quick dinner options having already prepared chicken, beef, pork, and seafood.
- Raw chicken – if this is your only option, chop it into bite sized pieces, season it, and cook it in a very hot skillet. It will only take a few minutes to cook all the way through.
Do I have to use Hawaiian sweet rolls?
If this type of sweet roll is not your jam, go for different slider buns. Not a problem at all.
Of course, I do encourage you to try the sweet rolls before dismissing them however. Their sweetness balances out the savory chicken mixture perfectly. Try it before you dismiss it as an option my friend!
Do I have to use the melted butter topping?
If you are trying to save a few calories, then feel free to eliminate the garlic butter and parmesan cheese topping. But honestly, the added calories are not that significant and the end result of that gorgeous crust is truly what makes this BBQ chicken sliders recipe so special.
At a minimum, lightly spray the tops of the rolls with oil and sprinkle on some garlic salt before baking them. You need that salty top.
Can I make these BBQ chicken sliders ahead of time?
Absolutely! There is nothing better than coming home from a busy day and having something ready to pop in the oven. Prepare the recipe exactly as it is written but do not bake. Instead, cover it with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to five days.
When it is time to eat, preheat your oven, remove the covering, and bake as directed.
How to store and reheat leftovers
If you are lucky enough to have any leftover sliders, store them in an airtight container in your fridge for 5-7 days. To reheat them, you have two options. First, you can reheat them in the microwave as a quick option but the sliders will be quite soft. Or, pop them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes if you want more of the original crisp topping to show up on your leftover slider as well.
As always, I encourage you to make this recipe yours by trying out variations listed below or anything else you think would be good.
- Switch up the flavor profile by using buffalo sauce instead of BBQ sauce
- Add some ranch seasoning to the garlic butter topping
- Include some freshness by adding some chopped green onions or chives
- Switch out the cheddar cheese for some swiss or pepper jack
- Spread the bottom half of the slider buns with some cream cheese before adding the chicken mixture
Looking for more quick dinner recipes?
Craving more than slider recipes? Subscribe to My Kitchen Escapades to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! You can also stay in touch on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube for all the latest updatesPrint
An easy, 20 minute dinner recipe that is packed with flavor!
2 1/2 cups cooked chicken
12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
3/4 BBQ sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1 1/2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop the chicken into small pieces and place into a medium bowl. Add the worcestershire sauce, paprika, and BBQ sauce. Mix together well.
- Place the rolls in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan and remove the tops. Divide the chicken onto each slider and top with both cheeses. Replace the tops of each slider.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, garlic, and parsley. Use a pastry brush to spread the mixture over each slider. Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 13-15 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serving Size: 1 slider
- Calories: 266 calories
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: easy dinner recipes, party food recipes