This week has been completely insane for me in the kitchen. I was invited to be the cook for a church camp next week and I have been doing as much prep work as possible since feeding 100 people three meals a day is impossible to do on your own without all this pre-work done first. At the beginning of the week, I was excited and honestly enjoying myself as I worked but now that my week is over, I think the sight of one more piece of chicken needing to be cooked and shredded just might do me in. Seriously.
All week long, my kids were disappointed after smelling yummy food coming from the kitchen and then only finding grilled cheese sandwiches on the table for dinner. They finally stopped asking me a couple days ago if the food I was cooking was for them or for camp.
I did surprise them one night with this extra tasty dinner that was extremely simple for me to whip up in between cooking over 100 pounds of chicken. No, I am not exaggerating. 100 pounds.
Everyone really loved my latest recipe and I couldn’t believe it when there was not one little bit of it left when dinner was over. That rarely happens because most nights, there is at least one kiddo who finds whatever is for dinner beneath their culinary expectations 🙂Print
Green Chili Taco Bake
- 15 corn tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and seasoned
- 2– 10 ounce can green chili enchilada sauce
- 15 ounce can refried beans
- 2 C shredded cheese
- lettuce, tomato, sour cream and guacamole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 9×13 baking pan, pour 5 ounces of the enchilada sauce and top with 5 tortillas. You might need to break one into pieces to fit across the pan evenly. Spread on half of the refried beans, half the ground beef and half the cheese. Top this with another 5 ounces of enchilada sauce and five more tortillas. Repeat the process one more time then top it all with the last 5 tortillas and 5 ounces of sauce. Add some additional cheese if desired. Cover with foil and bake for 35-45 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and guacamole.
- Serving Size: 1/10th
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 767mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
Karen Fazlurrehman says
Help! How can I get the reciepe for your Green Chili Nacho Casserole–it looks yummy! Thanks for your help.
Hey Karen! That recipe is a post I made for Or So She Said. Here is a direct link to the recipe 🙂 https://oneshetwoshe.com/2015/11/green-chili-nacho-casserole-she-carole.html