Inspiration finally struck in the aisle of Wal-Mart as I stood in front of the Latin refrigerated section. I am not one to brag, but HOLY COW!!! I am a genius! Really, give this a try and you will want nominate me to the Nobel committee. Genius, I tell you!
My creation took boring old chicken breasts and turned them into flavor packed perfection. It creates the most amazing pan sauce which is heaven over some rice. Then if you are lucky enough to have leftovers, take it to the next level and slap the chicken inside a tortilla topped with some guacamole, fresh salsa, lettuce and a squeeze of lime juice. Really….you are going to want to have that Nobel committees’ phone number handy.
Are You Part of the Tribe?
Our PRIVATE Facebook group is for anyone who is DONE with the stress and frustration with all aspects of getting dinner on the table every night! We got you covered for everything: planning, shopping, meal prep, cooking, and clean-up! Click here to join for free!Print
This chicken casserole is an amazing chorizo recipe! A creamy, cheese sauce with the cooked pork chorizo bakes with the chicken for a low carb dinner recipe
- 6–8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 if large, 8 if small)
- 10 ounce package pork chorizo
- 4 ounces light cream cheese or Mexican crema
- 1/2 C light sour cream
- 10 ounce can chopped tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1/4 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 glass pan with nonstick spray. Lay down the chicken evenly in the pan.
- In a large skillet, brown the chorizo over medium high heat for about 7-8 minutes. Add the drained tomatoes, cream cheese and sour cream and mix until it is all blended. Spread the mixture over the chicken breasts, sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and bake, uncovered for about 45 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breasts. There will be enough pan juices to serve over some rice if desired. Or slice the chicken and serve it inside a tortilla topped with your favorite toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 breast
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 792 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 48 g
- Cholesterol: 161 mg
Keywords: low carb chicken recipes