Just in case the whole world didn’t hear me excitedly scream the amazing news last week, I have to share that my gorgeous, super intelligent daughter got accepted to Brigham Young University!!!! WOOOOO to the HOOOOO!!!!
Well, maybe you’ll just have to take my word that she is gorgeous and super intelligent…..(yes, she will kill me for posting this picture so I better include this link as well so you can see a more “appropriate” picture.)
She has worked hard to graduate early and begins in January at our alma mater. We couldn’t be more proud! BYU is not an easy school to get into.
So what does this super flavorful and moist chicken have to do with my oldest getting into BYU? Absolutely nothing!!! But have I mentioned….SHE GOT IN!!!!!
Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 6–8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 if large, 8 if small)
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Tb salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a large Ziplock bag, combine all the ingredients until the chicken is well coated. Allow to marinade in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a 9 x13 glass pan with nonstick spray. Lay the breasts, cut side down, in the pan and bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. If you would like it a bit more brown, stick the pan under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 715mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 56g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Jen T says
Yeah!!!! My oldest is a freshman, so we have a few more years until we get there, but so awesome for your daughter! I hope she loves it!! Does she get to live in the cool new dorms?