Before we officially say goodbye to summer, I had to toss in this recipe using those amazing garden tomatoes! Say hello to my Avocado and Feta BLT Salad. Hello 🙂
Up here in Minnesota, Mother Nature has finally turned off the high heat and humidity and the evenings are beginning to feel like the fall, which just happens to be my favorite season by the way. However, everywhere I turn there are boxes and containers of free produce as my fellow gardeners share their abundance with their community. Love that!My favorite way to eat garden fresh tomatoes is on a BLT, but since I am currently training for another half marathon at the end of next month, I’m trying to keep my carbs on the lower end. That meant I had to turn my favorite BLT sandwich into a low carb recipe.
This recipe was truly perfect so go grab those leftover garden tomatoes and whip this puppy up for dinner tonight. It is ready in just a few minutes and you will love the end result!Print
Healthy salad recipe loaded with bacon, lettuce, tomato, bacon and feta cheese!
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 lb thick cut bacon, chopped
- 4 –5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- Over medium high heat, sauté your chopped bacon until brown and crispy. Drain the fat from the bacon and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad, then pour the dressing over the top and add the cooled bacon pieces. Gently toss together to combine. Serve immediately.