Just be brave and admit it like I did. Many of you are on a diet right along side of me. How do I know? The stats for my Low Carb Pancakes and Waffles were HUGE ever since I posted the recipe last week. I thought such a health conscious recipe would cause you to revolt. Never in a million years did I think it would shoot to the top viewed recipe for the month.
Reminds me of the huge response my Homemade Laundry Detergent got last year. It is still one of the top viewed recipes of all time.
I made these diet-killing, rich chocolate balls of heaven a few weeks ago when I had left-over chocolate ganache from my Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes. I would never let such a treasure go to waste, so this was the result. If you don’t have any “left-over” ganache, here is the recipe from the beginning. Have fun with whatever you roll them in and be creative! I went with the boring classic topping of cocoa powder.
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 8 ounces of your favorite chocolate, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp instant decaffeinated coffee granules (optional)
- Cocoa powder, powdered sugar, toasted coconut or toasted nuts, toffee pieces, sprinkles
- Heat the cream, chocolate chips and coffee granules in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth. Place in the refrigerator until firm
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out individual portions and place on wax paper. Once it is all portioned out, roll the truffle in the palm of your hand to smooth and round. The heat of your hand will begin to melt the chocolate, but that is OK. Drop your rounded truffle into your desired topping and roll it around until completely covered.
- Serving Size: 1/12th
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 17mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Leave a Reply