- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 C sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 16 fluid ounce can of Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- 1 Tb vanilla
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp instant decaffeinated coffee granules
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp instant decaffeinated coffee granules
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line your muffin pans with 14 liners.
- Cream the butter and sugar in your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each egg is mixed in. Add the chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add the flour and coffee granules and mix until just combined. Don’t overbeat or the cupcakes will be tough.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin liners all the way to the top because they don’t rise much. Bake for 30 minutes, or just until the middle is set. Do not overbake! Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- For the ganaches, heat the cream, chocolate chips and coffee granules in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth. Dip each cupcake into the ganache and swirl. Do not refrigerate or the ganache will become too firm.