Can you tell that I am on a diet??? The last 6 recipes I have posted are all foods I am dying to stuff into my mouth just like the guy from Man vs Food on the Travel Channel. Then again, I would prefer not to share the same body shape as him, so I will continue faithful to my diet.
I was tempted to post my recipe for low-carb waffles this week, but I was afraid my loyal readers would boycott my blog. Why should you all suffer as a result of my temporary ban on sugar and flour?
This is a great and easy cupcake. The ganache is completely heavenly (according to all those at the church potluck who ate them). It makes quite a bit of ganache, so if you decide to double the recipe for the cupcakes, I am sure the single batch of ganache will be plenty. What did I do with my leftover ganache…..tune in next week to see what amazing treats you can make with your leftovers 🙂
Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
- Yield: 14 cupcakes 1x
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 C sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 16 fluid ounce can of Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- 1 Tb vanilla
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp instant decaffeinated coffee granules
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp instant decaffeinated coffee granules
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line your muffin pans with 14 liners.
- Cream the butter and sugar in your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each egg is mixed in. Add the chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add the flour and coffee granules and mix until just combined. Don’t overbeat or the cupcakes will be tough.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin liners all the way to the top because they don’t rise much. Bake for 30 minutes, or just until the middle is set. Do not overbake! Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- For the ganaches, heat the cream, chocolate chips and coffee granules in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth. Dip each cupcake into the ganache and swirl. Do not refrigerate or the ganache will become too firm.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 46g
- Sodium: 58mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
As a fellow dieter, I feel your pain. I’m still baking goodies, but only when I can bring them to a function or someone’s house. Love your post – who doesn’t love an Ina recipe? Delish!
Thanks ButterYum! Glad to have a fellow dieter who won’t give up on baking goodies.