- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 8 ounces of your favorite chocolate, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp instant decaffeinated coffee granules (optional)
- Cocoa powder, powdered sugar, toasted coconut or toasted nuts, toffee pieces, sprinkles
- Heat the cream, chocolate chips and coffee granules in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth. Place in the refrigerator until firm
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out individual portions and place on wax paper. Once it is all portioned out, roll the truffle in the palm of your hand to smooth and round. The heat of your hand will begin to melt the chocolate, but that is OK. Drop your rounded truffle into your desired topping and roll it around until completely covered.