Huge batch of homemade laundry detergent that costs $0.006 per load! Works for HE machines
- 4 C hot water
- 1 bar Fels-Naptha soap, grated
- 1 C Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
- 1/2 C Borax
- essential oil (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt together the grated soap and water until the soap is completely dissolved.
- Fill a 5 gallon bucket 1/2 full of hot water. Add the washing soda, Borax and melted soap mixture. Stir well until dissolved (I used a yard stick).
- Fill the bucket to the top with more hot water and stir well. Cover and let sit overnight. The finished mixture will resemble a loose, liquid form of Jello. At this point, you can add 50 drops of the essential oil of your liking to the soap. (I don’t add any to mine)
- Fill your soap dispenser (I use my old Tide container) 1/2 with water and half with soap. Shake well before each use. For front load washers, use 1/4 C – 1/3 C per load. For top load washers, use 1/2-5/8 C per load.