I went up to them at the piano and said that I really didn’t like the song they were singing. They both burst into laughter and started singing even louder. Well, here it is 4 days later, and now all of my children are walking around singing it too. Joy!
Not to say I never yell, because I do, but gosh darn it, I have always thought one of my strengths as a Mom was keeping a fairly even temper and tone. Apparently, it isn’t as even of a tone to them as it sounds to me. I guess I’ll keep working on it.
I made this recipe to punish my children for their mean song. I’m kidding…. mostly. How can something so beautiful and healthy be a punishment? Well, for kids, because it has spinach and tomatoes, right?
I created this recipe in hopes of something a little more light yet still very flavorful. I was absolutely thrilled with the end result. It does create a grand-slam pan juice, so don’t let it go to waste! Scoop it over the chicken when you serve it, or you can even serve the whole dish over some pasta or rice with the pan juice on top.Print
- 10 ounce bag of baby spinach
- 3 Tb chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- italian seasoning
- 1 large tomato, cut into large chunks
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 C fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the spinach in the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking pan. Drizzle over the chicken broth and sprinkle the top with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken over the spinach and season very well with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and italian seasoning. Add the tomato and green onion then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese over the whole dish.
- Take a piece of foil and loosely tent it over the top of the pan. Do not seal the edges of the foil to the pan. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the foil and continue to bake for another 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately, drizzling the pan juices over the top of each serving.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 1164mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 98mg