As a momma to six kiddos, I am sharing my tips, recipes and anecdotes related to bringing out every kid’s culinary potential.
As I mentioned in my last post, Minnesota has been brutal this January, which also means our school schedule has been complete madness with all the weather delays and early dismissals. My children really don’t do well with these unpredictable changes. They are creatures of habit and routine. Last week brought so much upheaval in their lives and by the end of the week, they were soooooo grouchy that I wanted to bop them all on their heads.
Instead of brute force, I chose to distract them in kitchen with a new recipe for Puppy Chow. While they had a blast making this addictive treat and covering my kitchen in powdered sugar, I’m afraid of this new obsession I have now have for these Salted Caramel Muddy Buddies. The classic chocolate and peanut butter is good and all, but I l.o.v.e.d. this version with salted caramel in it. The salted caramel gave them a great chew but didn’t turn the Chex cereal soft at all. Just be warned….they are rockstar!Print
- 9 cups corn or rice Chex cereal
- 1 jar Smuckers Simply Delight Salted Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 1/3 C milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- Place the Chex cereal in a large mixing bowl. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the caramel and chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 1 minute and then stir. If the chocolate chips are not melted, microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the top of the cereal and mix gently until the cereal is evenly covered with the caramel mixture. Pour the powdered sugar over the top of the cereal and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Gently shake and roll the bowl until the cereal is evenly coated with the powdered sugar. Store in an airtight container.
recipe adapted from The Cookie Rookie