After explaining to him that a jet pack would not be safe or possible, he was completely crushed. Tears pooling in the eyes and everything. My heart broke.
A few aisles later, he pulled a tiny package of Chex Muddy Buddies off the shelf and asked if we could buy them. There was no way I was telling him no after crushing his little 4 year old world in the dairy department. I told him I would love to buy them for him, or I would make him a big huge ice cream bucket full of Muddy Buddies when we got home.
He’s not stupid. He chose the later.
- 8 C of Corn, Rice or Wheat Chex cereal (or a combination of all 3)
- 1 C semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 C butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, place your cereal. In a medium microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter on high for 1 minute. Stir for a minute until all the chocolate chips melt. If needed, microwave for another 20 seconds. Add the vanilla and mix in completely.
- Pour chocolate mixture over your cereal and gently fold until the cereal is completely covered.
- In a gallon size ziplock bag or old ice cream bucket, put about a third of the powdered sugar on the bottom. Pour in half the cereal, then more sugar, then the rest of the cereal topped with the last amount of powdered sugar. Gently shake and rotate the container until the cereal is completely covered in powdered sugar, about 2 minutes. If needed, add a bit more powdered sugar and continue to shake until covered.
- Serving Size: 1/10th
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 33g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 12mg