These Holiday Brownie Bites are just as delicious as they are adorable! All you need are 5 simple ingredients and 20 minutes to make these addictive, festive gems. If you don’t have a brownie bite pan, no worries my friend. You can use a mini-muffin pan instead!
Christmas cookies are always the best part of the holiday season, but at the busiest time of year, who has the time to spend hours making them? These mini brownies are done in just a few minutes and you can use this recipe to create so many different variations! Scroll down to see my recommended variations, including for when it isn’t the holiday season 🙂
What type of pan to use for brownie bites
For this particular recipe, I used a bite-sized silicone brownie pan because I love the look of the little squares of brownies, but you could just as easily use a mini muffin pan if you have one of those already! I like the silicone version because it makes it easy to remove the bites but there are also metal version out there as well.
Just be sure that no matter which pan you use, that you both grease AND flour the pan. You can purchase a spray that has oil and flour in it, or just spray your pan then dust it with flour. Learn from my experience of sticky brownie bites, you need grease and flour if you want them to come out clean.
Variations for Holiday Brownie Bites
Of course, brownie bites are not limited to the holidays so think about the types of flavor combinations you like and be creative! Here are some personal suggestions to get you thinking outside of white chocolate and mint:
- add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne to the brownie batter
- add 3/4 cup chopped and toasted nut of your choice to the batter, or to the top of the frosting
- press a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup into the baked brownie as soon as it comes out of the oven
- substitute dried cranberries for the candy canes
- use milk chocolate chips instead of white and top with chocolate sprinkles
Does the brownie mix have to be Ghirardelli brand?
The short answer is of course not. BUT, hands down, Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Premium Brownie Mix is the best boxed mix out there. I usually buy it from Costco but I know any major grocery store carries it.
If you are looking for a from-scratch brownie recipe, go grab my super fudgey brownie recipe and use it instead of a box mix. It will be amazing 🙂
Craving more than brownies? Subscribe to My Kitchen Escapades to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! You can also stay in touch on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube for all the latest updates!
Looking for more delicious Christmas cookie recipes?Print
Holiday Brownie Bites
Done in just a few minutes and completely addictive for the holidays!
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 40 bites 1x
1 – 18 ounce box Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
2 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray and flour your brownie bite pan. If using silicone pan, place it on a cookie sheet for stability.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brownie mix, water, oil, and egg until well combined. Place into a large Ziplock bag. Cut the corner of the bag and gently squeeze the brownie mix into each square until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 20 minutes before removing from the pan.
- While brownies cool, melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on high for 1 minute. Stir. If needed melt for another 15-30 seconds.
- Dip cooled brownies into the chocolate then top with candy cane pieces. Once chocolate is firm, place in airtight container to store for 1 week.
*Be sure you cut the opening on the bag big enough so the chocolate chips will fit through the hole.
*To speed up the setting of the chocolate on the finished brownies, place them in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 65
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 46 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: easy Christmas cookies, Christmas cookie recipe
We loved these so much! Thank you for sharing your end result with us. So glad we are neighbors.
You are very welcome Candace 🙂
Totally making these on Sunday! Love that brownie mix from Costco just as much as you do. Thanks Carol
You are very welcome Maria! Can’t wait to hear what you think 🙂