Fudgy brownie recipe to die for! These frosted brownies have to be my favorite form of chocolate, but they have to be done right: dense, rich, a killer frosting and super fudgy. The easy brownie recipe checks all those boxes for me and they are hands-down my favorite brownie recipe that I make. The best….pinky-swear promise! My kids love them as a special treat in their lunchbox and they are always a hit at our church potluck. Extra bonus, they mix together in one bowl with a wooden spoon so they are simple and quick to make. Try these brownies from scratch and you will never go back to the box!
I have been baking for a VERY long time and have tried many a brownie recipe from scratch. They have all been good. This is the first that has been phenomenal. If you want the perfect fudgy brownie recipe that is topped with a chocolatey frosting, then look no further.
I know the first question you will have for me is why do I call for dutch processed cocoa powder and what is the difference? There is a scientific/chemical answer but I won’t bore you with the food science behind it. Just know this, dutch processed cocoa powder will give your brownies a richer, smoother chocolate flavor along with a sexy deep brown color. If it helps convince you, this is the type of cocoa powder that is used when making Oreos. Yes, dutch processed cocoa powder is more expensive than the cheap stuff but as with most ingredients in your baking, a couple extra dollars in one ingredient will make the world of difference in your end result.
I adore one bowl recipes, especially when my time in the kitchen is short and these brownies come together super fast. From one bowl to oven in just a few minutes. No big heavy mixer required 🙂 Another bonus point for this fudgy brownie recipe!
Not in the mood for chocolate today? How about giving my Banana Bread Brownies a try instead? You will adore them 🙂Print
Fudgy Brownies Recipe – Frosted Brownies
These frosted brownies are guaranteed to become a family favorite!
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 25 brownies 1x
- 1 C melted butter
- 1/2 C dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 C sugar
- 2 C flour
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 C butter, room temperature
- 1/3 C milk
- 1/4 dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick spray or you can line it with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter and cocoa powder with a wooden spoon, then add the sugar. Mix well before adding the flour. Add the eggs and vanilla together then mix well to combine until smooth.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow them to cool for 15 minutes before frosting the still warm brownies. To make the frosting, mix all the ingredients together well in a medium bowl. If the frosting becomes too thick while waiting for the brownies, just add a dash of milk. Allow them to cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 30 g
- Sodium: 58 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg
Keywords: Frosted brownies from scratch
**My friend, this post contains Amazon affiliate links which means I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase using my link, at no additional cost to you. And no worries….I only link to products that I both use and love! ~Carole
Leave a Reply