When I freeze breads, cookies, muffins, waffles, pancakes or the like, I freeze them individually on a cookie sheet first, then wrap them tight in plastic wrap. Freezing them hard first makes them easier to wrap, but also cuts down a lot on freezer burn. My kids love pulling one out as needed and tossing them in the microwave/toaster for a few seconds. As a mom of six, self-service food equals sanity!
Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 C fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 C fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C pasta sauce
- 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease loaf pan with spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Lightly mix together with your hands, but do not over handle or it will get tough. Place into loaf pan and form into a loaf. Top the meatloaf with the pasta sauce.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, then remove to add the mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven to melt the cheese. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving so it won’t fall apart.
**For gluten free, use gluten free bread to make your crumbs.
**For freezer meal, make as stated above, but divide into two small foil pans. Top with sauce, cover with foil and freeze. To serve, defrost in the fridge for one day, then bake as listed above, but reducing the time to about 40 minutes.