A caramel apple dip buffet is a fun excuse to have a crowd over this fall. The caramel is super easy to bring together, then just get out all your favorite toppings. My favorite? I double dip into both the M&M’s and the peanuts. Heaven!
I’m going request that you are quite picky with your apple selection with this fun treat. These are the famous Minnesota Honeycrisp apples. If you have never had one, you are missing out on apple nirvana.
If you don’t have any Honeycrisp available in your area, I have also used Granny Smith and Fuji. Because the caramel and toppings are so sweet, you should have an apple that has some tartness to it. Makes a perfect balance when you do.
- 1 C light corn syrup
- 1 lb light brown sugar (about 2 1/4 C)
- 1/2 C butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the corn syrup and brown sugar. Over medium-high heat, bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once it comes to a full boil, allow to boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the butter, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk. Stir well and continue to stir until it comes back to a boil. Once it does, remove from the heat. Serve with your favorite toppings to dip into: peanuts, pecans, walnuts, mini M&M’s, marshmallows, candy corn, coconut, toffee pieces.
- To reheat the caramel, just microwave it until it thins out some. The time depends on the amount of caramel you are reheating. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 4 tablespoons
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 36g
- Sodium: 31mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 19mg