- 1 C light corn syrup
- 1 lb light brown sugar (about 2 1/4 C)
- 1/2 C butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the corn syrup and brown sugar. Over medium-high heat, bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once it comes to a full boil, allow to boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the butter, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk. Stir well and continue to stir until it comes back to a boil. Once it does, remove from the heat. Serve with your favorite toppings to dip into: peanuts, pecans, walnuts, mini M&M’s, marshmallows, candy corn, coconut, toffee pieces.
- To reheat the caramel, just microwave it until it thins out some. The time depends on the amount of caramel you are reheating. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.