- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 C basil pesto
- 3/4 C grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Trim chicken of excess fat. Slice lengthwise into 2-4 pieces, depending on size of breast meat.
- Spread some of the pesto in a thin layer across the bottom of your 9 x 13 pan. Lay the sliced chicken on top, then spread on the remaining pesto.
- Cook, uncovered for 25 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and top with the cheese. Return to the oven for another 5-7 minutes until completely cooked. Serve the sauce in pan over noodles or rice, or just over the cooked chicken.
**For freezer, use a disposable foil pan and cover tightly with foil or foil lid. To bake, allow to thaw in fridge before cooking, or bake frozen for about 50 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 560
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 295mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 86g
- Cholesterol: 15mg