Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette

When you attend a potluck, is there a certain recipe you have to bring every time or you get in trouble?   For me, it is a salad I make with this dressing.
About once a month, we have a potluck after our church services and if I don’t bring my salad with this dressing, all I hear is complaints.  You know, a gal like me really lives for the chance to try new recipes but it just isn’t worth the hassle anymore.
I give up.  I hear by vow to always bring my salad with this dressing.
This dressing is hands-down my most requested recipe, but one I have a hard time giving out because I have never measured how much of each ingredient I use.  I just whisk it all together in a bowl until it tastes right.

So this week, I took the extra time to measure as I whisked it all together.  This dressing has a a lot of punch to it from all the garlic and the high vinegar to oil ratio.  That is how I like my vinaigrette.  That punch is what everyone loves so much about it.  Give it a try as written on a salad before trying to dilute it with more oil.

Just be warned that if you bring this to a potluck, you will be bringing it until the end of time :)

Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette
recipe by Carole Jones

2 large cloves of garlic, finely minced *I use a microplane
1 rounded TB dijon or brown mustard
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/3 C balsamic vinegar
2/3 C extra virgin olive oil

1.  In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the oil.  While whisking, slowly drizzle in the oil.  Keeps at room temperature in an airtight container for 10-14 days.

Comments

New to your blog from the land of Pinterest! ;-) I’m loving all of the recipes! We have a family of four kiddos ourselves, so it’s nice to see good, wholesome recipes for a family-centered crowd. One question. What is the salad you serve this with? Got an ingredient list for that?! Thanks!

Use whatever you have on hand. Usually, I toss together romaine, cukes, green onions, tomatoes, carrots, chicken, bacon, Parmesan cheese and a toasted nut of some kind.

Just wanted to tell you that I made this dressing tonight and took a salad to the Moms’ Club family pot luck at our church. To say it went over well would be a drastic understatement! It was absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing it!!

i used minced roasted garlic [http://seitanbuiltmyhotrod.blogspot.com/2013/01/liquid-gold.html] instead of fresh and this came out really yummy though you may wanna half the salt and add more to taste. =)

Saw this on Pinterest and went immediately to your recipe. Can’t wait to try it; sounds absolutely delicious. Salivating as I type!!! Thanks for parting with your recipe. Warmly, Karen, Croydon, England.

Tried your recipe today as it looked good – one thing I would change is that your recipe has way too much salt. I would just add a dash of salt not 1.5 tsp….

7. Jennifer says

I made this as directed except I cut the salt and pepper back some, just to taste. It’s delicious! Even my picky 5 yr old who only likes ranch loved it which was a surprise. I highly recommend grating the garlic with a microplane versus mincing it.. it really melts into the dressing that way, and no one gets a larger piece of garlic.