Visiting family is such a bitter sweet experience for me. It is so amazing to spend time with those I love most, but I suffer from such depression after it is over.
I am always on the hunt for a great chicken dinner and this is one! The only problem with this recipe is that it requires you to turn on the oven. So wait for a cooler day (like under 90) and give it a go. You won’t be disappointed! It is delicious and even better the next day as leftovers. I make two pans at a time 🙂
I make this rock star recipe in my favorite ceramic baking dish because it looks so pretty setting it out on the table! Because the chicken does get a bit crowded in this gorgeous 9×13 pan, it does create a bit of a pan sauce. If you would prefer your end result without the pan sauce in the bottom of your dish, use a bigger pan or baking dish so there is room for the moisture to evaporate while it is baking. If you do this though, you will need to reduce the cooking time by 8-10 minutes because the chicken will cook quicker this way.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 C light mayonaise or greek yogurt (I have done 1/2 of each as well)
- 1/2 c fresh parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt (Not regular table salt)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray the inside of a 9x13 glass pan. Lay the chicken inside the pan.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and spread evenly over each piece of chicken, being sure to cover all the exposed raw meat (so it doesn't dry out.) Sprinkle on a bit more fresh parmesan over all the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. This dish is even better the next day, so just reheat in the microwave!
- **Some have commented that this dish was way too salty. Please be sure you are using fresh parmesan cheese, not the stuff from a can. Also, use seasoning salt, NOT table salt. I have made this multiple times and have never had trouble with the salt level. If you are worried, use less.