As a momma to six kiddos, I am sharing my tips, recipes and anecdotes related to bringing out every kid’s culinary potential.
Click HERE to see all the posts in this series!
Over the weekend, my oldest daughter and I had a very intense phone conversation about our favorite part of any Italian restaurant: the bread. However, we also agreed that we always feel guilty asking for more of it! By the end of our chat, we decided that there is no shame in wanting endless amounts of hot bread so we should be bold and tell our servers to “Just keep that bread coming all night long!”
After our very important discussion about a very tenuous social issue, I was in the mood to make some breadsticks 🙂 Since making breadsticks is just like playing with play dough, I enlisted my 10 year old to be the official breadstick roller-outer. (She can use that official job title one day when she has to create her first resume….)
We used my famous French Bread dough to make these breadsticks and it worked perfectly. They were soft and tender, and my high school son declared them to be “the best thing ever.” While I am sure they were outstanding, that is the phrase he uses anytime he is starving. Which means all the time 🙂Print
Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
- Yield: 32 - 6" breadsticks 1x
- 1 recipe French Bread dough
- melted butter
- garlic powder
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare the bread dough as instructed and allow it to rise once before forming it into the sticks. To form them into sticks, take a golf ball sized piece of dough and roll it into a 6″ log. Place it on a lightly greased cookie sheet and continue with the rest of the dough. Once all the breadsticks are formed, cover them with a towel and allow them to rise until almost doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake the breadsticks for 15 minutes, or until they are golden brown. As soon as they are finished baking, slather them in the melted butter and sprinkle them with some garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Serve hot!
- Serving Size: 2 breadsticks
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 1287mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
Hi Carole!! I made these tonight and I am addicted. So…thanks for that. 🙂 These will be a staple for me now when having pasta or soup. So good!!
Carole Jones says
Glad you loved them!