Fairy Puppy Chow
- 8 C rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 C Ghirardelli white chocolate chips (other brands turn out grainy!)
- 3 Tb butter
- 1 C powdered sugar
- purple gel coloring (not liquid)
- sprinkles (I used flowers, silver sugar glitter and white pearl sugar balls)
1. Place cereal in a large mixing bowl.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir to smooth. If needed, microwave for another 15 seconds to completely melt the chocolate. Add a dab of purple gel coloring and mix. You want a deep, rich purple color.
3. Pour the chocolate over the cereal and gently mix them together, careful not to crush the cereal. Add about half of your sprinkles and mix again. Add the powdered sugar and mix until the cereal is evenly coated. Finish off with a few more sprinkles on top.
- Serving Size: 1/12th
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 34g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
Wendy Phelps says
Hi, a few months ago I came across puppy chow on Pinterest and I thought wow those Americans sure do spoil their dogs, you see here in Australia we have a brand of dog food called puppy chow, it seems I was wrong in assuming it was for the dogs. Enjoy the movie and the puppy chow, best wishes Wendy
Hi Wendy! I agree completely about the name 🙂 We have Puppy Chow brand dog food as well here. The original version of this has chocolate and peanut butter, which made people think it looked like dog food…hence it quickly became puppy chow 🙂
Puppy Chow is so much delicious. when I was in china then I test it. Even I cannot forget its delicious flavor.