I am married to peanut butter chocolate addict! Give my hubby a choice of candy and he will choose a peanut butter chocolate combination every time. I decided to make some Buckeye Candy knowing he would love it. I chose this particular recipe from One Hundred Eggs because it includes Rice Krispies.
I’m a texture person when it comes to my treats and adding Rice Krispies makes these Buckeyes so much better! I served them at a BBQ we had a few weeks ago. They were a huge hit and everyone was surprised to find out the crunchy texture came from adding Rice Krispies!
One of our friends at our BBQ has a darling 3 year old little boy. After eating 2 Buckeyes his mom told him “no more”! Two just wasn’t enough for for the little guy.
He pulled every trick he could think of to have another one. Including standing right next to dessert table and giving us the cutest grin ever. It worked. We caved, gave him one more and moved the Buckeyes out of his range.
This Pin Rocks!Print
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, well softened
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter (do nut use organic or natural)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies (optional)
- 1 pound coating chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and peanut butter until smooth
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, mix well
- Add and mix the rice krispies to the peanut butter mixture
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Scoop 1 to 1 1/2 tsp of the peanut butter and form into balls.
- Refrigerate of 15 minutes.
- Dip peanut butter balls into melted chocolate and place on wax paper.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/35th
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 67mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg