A sweet potato is my go-to superfood! The health benefits often deem them the “world’s healthiest food” plus unlike kale, they are super delicious and satisfying! My recipe for these baked french fries only takes a few minutes of prep then, once they are perfectly golden brown and crispy, we are going to take them over the top with some fresh parmesan cheese and seasonings.
While my favorite way to eat sweet potatoes is in the form of my Praline Sweet Potato Casserole, it certainly isn’t my healthiest recipe! Lots of cream, sugar, butter and other ingredients that are on my “special occasion” list. There is a reason I only make them for the holidays.
I’ve never been a fan of thick cut fries in any form. I feel like I’m eating a chunk of baked potato, which is not what I want when I’m having fries! These french fries are cut perfectly thin so they will get crispy (aka truly fabulous) without the feeling of guilt or regret attached 🙂
As far as prep time, what takes the longest is the cutting of the sweet potatoes themselves. You can go old school with a large chef’s knife or for under $20, upgrade to a french fry potato cutter. Either way, your end result will be fabulous and you will be doing a happy french fry dance….all while eating something good for you!Print
- 4 sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 2–3 Tb oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut your sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch pieces, keeping the fries close to the same size for even cooking.
- In a large ziplock bag, combine all the ingredients except for the cheese. Toss them well to evenly cover the fries with the oil and seasonings.
- Place on a large half sheet pan and spread them out so they are in a single layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and tender, turning the fries in the pan after 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and return to the oven for another 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/3rd
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 1819mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
**My friend, this post contains Amazon affiliate links which means I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase using my link, at no additional cost to you. And no worries….I only link to products that I both use and love! ~Carole