Why are these called saucepan cookies? Because you make them in a saucepan instead of an electric mixer. They are made from melted butter instead of room temperature butter. The result is a perfectly chewy and dense cookie!
Saucepan M&M Cookies
- 1 C butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 2/3 C sugar
- 3 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C semisweet chocolate chips * I used both chips and chunks
- 1/2 C mini M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Remove from the heat and add both the sugars. Stir until smooth and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until blended. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until blended. If your dough is still warm, allow it to cool for another 10-15 minutes before adding the chocolate chips and M&M’s, or they will melt 🙂
- Use a scant 1/4 C measure or a normal ice cream scoop and drop the scoops of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, only putting 6 cookies on a sheet. I like to add a few more M&M’s to the tops of the dough balls solely for looks. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are lightly brown. Do not overcook!!! Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to finishing cooling on a rack.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 182mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Those look so good I might just have to make them for breakfast!
Brenda Elton says
At this size, how many do you get per batch?
I have a bag of mini m&m’s in my pantry and I am making these babies tonight!
These came out great! Thanks : )
This recipe is the way it’s supposed to be. You mix the stuff in the saucepan so you’re not getting out the mixer or using a different bowl these were perfect I love them I make them all the time
I also meant to add that I do use ice cream scoop to make sure each cookie is the exact same size it’s perfect
Thanks for coming back and leaving your review Wendy! It helps so much 🙂