Roasted Mushrooms with garlic and parmesan cheese make the perfect side dish recipe. I love these over a grilled steak or chicken. It is an easy vegetable idea for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner that will make anyone a mushroom lover, even kids!
With six food loving kiddos, I’ve learned that there are certain holiday food traditions you just can’t mess with or you will “ruin Thanksgiving forever!” That was the reaction when I suggested adding a side dish of mushrooms to our traditional Thanksgiving feast.
To combat the six kill-joys I have been blessed with, I made a batch of these Parmesan Garlic Roasted Mushrooms a few weeks ago along side some gorgeous grilled steaks. It was my version of a “soft opening” for a new holiday side dish. They went over beautifully, except with my 4 year old who has become obsessive about “things” touching her food. Suddenly, all food must to be served in it’s natural state with no visible seasoning or complimentary ingredient stuck to it. Yeah, right. “Eat it or don’t” is the rule in our house but remember, there is no more food until breakfast 🙂
Are You Part of the Squad?
Our PRIVATE Facebook group is for anyone who is DONE with the stress and frustration with all aspects of getting dinner on the table every night! We got you covered for everything: planning, shopping, meal prep, cooking, and clean-up! Click here to join for free!Print
Easy vegetable side dish recipe for any dinner!
- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed and large ones cut in half
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 2 Tb chopped olives or capers
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 C chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tb butter
- 1/4 C fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and lightly spray a shallow casserole dish with nonstick spray. In your dish, toss together the mushrooms, garlic, oil, olives or capers, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Dot the butter evenly over the top of the mushrooms and roast for 20 minutes, stirring half way through the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven, turn on the broiler and place the oven rack on the highest level. Sprinkle the cheese over the mushrooms, return to the oven on the top rack and broil until the cheese melts and begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/8 th
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 305 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 14 mg
Keywords: easy side dish recipe