Grilled mushroom skewers are one of my favorite side dish recipes in the summer. Anything I can quickly throw on the grill will make those lazy summer days the best. This recipe uses baby portabella mushrooms, garlic and fresh lemon juice to keep them light and healthy. Even my little ones love these little spears so give them a try and you may be surprised how kid friendly they are.
The inspiration for this recipe came about when I really wanted my Parmesan Garlic Roasted Mushrooms but it was so stinking hot last week that there was no way I was turning my oven on. Nope. Not gonna do it. I knew it was time to convert my extremely popular recipe to something I could do on the grill.
I decided that these little mushroom gems really needed some time to marinade or they wouldn’t get the chance to absorb the flavors they normally do as they roast in the oven. I was spot on with that assumption and the result were little skewers of mushroom perfection.
To make my grilled mushroom skewers, I simply sliced the baby portabella mushrooms in half so that they would cook a bit quicker on the grill. You can use either the standard bamboo skewers like I did, or if you want something reusable, I love my favorite set of stainless steel grilling skewers as well. If you use wooden ones, just be sure you soak them for about 20 minutes in hot water so they don’t completely burn away and disintegrate.
Be sure to snap a picture of your finished grilled mushroom skewers and tag me on Instagram (@thecarolejones) so I can see how fabulous they turned out!Print
A fresh grilling recipe that is healthy and satisfying! Serve with your favorite grilled steak and chicken, or they make a delicious vegetarian main dish.
- 1 pound baby portabella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced in half
- 3–4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 C chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tb chopped black olives
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients until the mushrooms are completely coated in the marinade. Let the mixture sit for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Place the marinated mushrooms on skewers and preheat your grill to medium high heat. Once your grill is hot, grill the skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side. Add any additional salt as needed to the finished skewers and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 437mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
**My friend, this post contains Amazon affiliate links which means I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase using my link, at no additional cost to you. And no worries….I only link to products that I both use and love! ~Carole