Hello MKE! This is Sherri, the Baby of the Family from MFP and I am so glad to be back to share this easy to make dip that is perfect for the Super Bowl, without all the calories!
I love the Super Bowl. Mostly for the food and hanging out with family and the commercials. I spend most of the time in the kitchen cooking while the rest of my family watches the game. Since I love to cook, this works for our family and is totally okay with me. But the deal is, when the commercials come on, they have to pause and let me come watch them, or they don’t get to eat the food I am making. They never forget about me! Must mean the food is good! I was looking for something new to add to my menu for game day. Something that would be a little lighter than all the indulgent foods we have been consuming during the holidays. But it would have to be really good if it was going to pass the family test. If it isn’t good enough to pass the muster, I am likely to miss some commercials.
This Hot Roasted Cauliflower and Cheddar Dip is creamy, warm, comfort food that is full of flavor! Our family tested it out and it passed the test. Phew! I won’t miss out on any commercials because of a failed appetizer. I am also loving this recipe because I will make it the day before and I can sit and enjoy some of the game while it bakes. You just need to add a little extra time because it will be cold from the fridge if you make it the day before. For so many years, I have not really understood football. Specifically, what a down was and how it was calculated was an absolute mystery to me. Every time I would ask my hubby, he would begin to explain it, but then get caught up in what was happening on screen and we never really did finish the conversation. Finally, while I was at our high school’s football game to support my kids performing in band, a girlfriend of mine sat next to me and explained how it all worked. Maybe I just needed a woman to explain it! Ever since I could make sense of what a down was and how it related to the game, football has been much more fun to watch.
I think I will have a double batch of Hot Roasted Cauliflower and Cheddar Dip all prepped so I can watch commercials and the game! Enjoy!Print
Hot Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Dip
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or more to taste!)
- 1 1/4 cup aged white cheddar, shredded 1/4 cup reserved for top
- chives to garnish
- Roast cauliflower tossed in oil and salted and peppered to taste at 400° for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Add all remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup aged white cheddar and chives to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Bake in a small baking dish at 350° for 20-30 minutes. Add 1/4 cup cheddar to the top and set under the broiler for 5-10 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Watch carefully so it does not burn! Garnish with chives.
Leave a Reply