- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or more to taste!)
- 1 1/4 cup aged white cheddar, shredded 1/4 cup reserved for top
- chives to garnish
- Roast cauliflower tossed in oil and salted and peppered to taste at 400° for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Add all remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup aged white cheddar and chives to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Bake in a small baking dish at 350° for 20-30 minutes. Add 1/4 cup cheddar to the top and set under the broiler for 5-10 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Watch carefully so it does not burn! Garnish with chives.