I really loved these healthy zucchini carrot muffins recipe. It was a cross between carrot cake and zucchini bread. They were light, moist and truly delicious. I actually doubled the recipe because I have so much large zucchini to use up. I made two loaves and 24 muffins. My kids preferred the muffin form, probably because they felt like they were eating cupcakes. My hubby wanted me to whip up some cream cheese frosting to top them with but that would definitely turn them into cupcakes! I will be making another double recipe this weekend and freezing the muffins for when school starts and I need a quick breakfast. I think that will use up the rest of my zucchini and then I can turn my attention to the bushels of tomatoes……
I know you want more delicious ways to use that zucchini, so check out my amazing Carrot & Zucchini Bars recipe!
These healthy zucchini carrot muffins are loaded with fresh zucchini, carrots, pineapple and applesauce. Perfect breakfast on the go recipe!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C oil
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 2 C sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C shredded zucchini
- 3/4 C shredded carrots
- 10 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 C flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 C chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil and applesauce with a whisk. Add the sugar, vanilla, zucchini, carrot and pineapple then mix well. Add all the dry ingredients and mix together just until combined. Do not overmix!
- Divide among 24 muffin tins lined with paper liners. Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes