A big Welcome Back to Debbie from Made From Pinterest, who is guest posting today with this amazing cake recipe!
It’s that time of month again where we at Made From Pinterest get to pull up a chair and visit over here with all of you My Kitchen Escapades folks! And today we’re talking Thanksgiving!
Are you in the Thanksgiving Zone yet? Have you made your menu? Have you written your list? All of my children will be here for the Thanksgiving holiday and I am planning my menu and creating my list of things to do and shop for. This year I am going to try some new recipes in place of some of our traditional favorites.
But one thing that is definitely on my list is this Clifton’s Pumpkin Cake. There was a Clifton’s Cafeteria where I grew up in Southern California and one of the things they were quite known for was their Pumpkin Cake.
With three layers of moist pumpkin cake topped with a cream cheese frosting, there are few people who can resist this cake. If you make this for your Thanksgiving dinner, you might just become famous for it too!Print
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 TBL Baking Soda
- 1 TBL Baking Powder
- 1 TBL Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (one large can) Make sure you get just the canned pumpkin and not the pumpkin pie filling
- 1 1/2 pound of powdered sugar
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tsp vanilla
- Whole Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the first six dry ingredients together in your mixer.
- Add oil and continuing to beat until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add pumpkin and mix again until well blended.
- Add slightly beaten eggs and blend 1 minute longer. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into 3 lightly greased paper-lined 9-inch round cake pans. It is best to line your pans for this recipe.
- Bake for approx 30-35 minutes or until done. Cool on racks.
- Mix all of the frosting ingredients together until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Place first layer of cake with the bottom side up and frost. Place the second layer of cake bottom side down, so that both bottoms are now touching and frost that layer. Place the third layer of cake with bottom side down and frost that layer.
- Top with whole pecans.
- Cake may be refrigerated to keep the frosting firm
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 18/th
- Calories: 572
- Sugar: 46g
- Sodium: 209mg
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 27g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
Hope you enjoy this pumpkin cake and that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends!