Suddenly, I was on the hunt for something significantly easier that would replace my labor intensive pies, but it also had to be something delicious and tradition-worthy. In what I attribute to divine intervention, the T. Marzetti Company reached out to me to see if I would be interested in trying out some recipes from the Marzetti KitchensSM website.
Having never visited their site, I decided to take a look. I was completely inspired when I saw all the meal ideas and helpful kitchen tips available over at Marzetti Kitchens. There are all types of recipes and tips for your favorite fall flavors, game day ideas, holiday traditions, or some great ways take your favorite family dish to the next level. You can search for recipes by product, dish type or cuisine. Nice!
So, have you clicked over to the Marzetti Kitchens website yet? If not, then I have one more incentive for you to take a look for yourself. How about a $100 VISA Gift Card? Seriously! The T. Marzetti Company has generously provided me with this plastic form of happiness to give to one of my readers and entering is so simple.
Click on over to their website and take some time to look around for yourself, then come on back and tell me all about the Marzetti Kitchens recipe you want to try for yourself and your family. Leave me a comment below telling me which Marzetti recipe you want to try and you will automatically be entered to win the $100 VISA Gift Card! See, I told you it was simple. Now GO before you forget and someone else gets your hundred bucks to spend this holiday season!Print
Caramel Apple Turnovers
- 1/2 C Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/2” pieces
- 2 Tb butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 C graham cracker crumbs
- 17 ounce frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten well with a dash of water added
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the apples, butter and cinnamon. Microwave on high for 4 minutes, uncovered, stopping every minute to stir the apples. Mix in the graham cracker crumbs and Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip.
2. Lightly dust the work surface with flour and roll one puff pastry sheet into a 10 x 10 inch square. Cut into four equal squares and place some of the apple filling in the center of each square. Brush the edges of the square with some of the beaten egg wash then fold one corner over the fruit to the other corner to create a triangle. Press the edges together lightly with your fingers then use a fork to crimp the edges. Transfer it to an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat the process for the remaining dough and apple filling.
3. Lightly brush the tops of the turnovers with the egg wash then make a small vent in the top of each turnover with a sharp knife. Bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.
4. To serve, warm the remaining Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds. Drizzle over the top of each turnover and serve with some ice cream if desired.
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with who do not have Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
Be sure to visit the Marzetti Kitchens Brand Page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and discover more chances to win!