- 1/2 C Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/2” pieces
- 2 Tb butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 C graham cracker crumbs
- 17 ounce frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten well with a dash of water added
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the apples, butter and cinnamon. Microwave on high for 4 minutes, uncovered, stopping every minute to stir the apples. Mix in the graham cracker crumbs and Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip.
2. Lightly dust the work surface with flour and roll one puff pastry sheet into a 10 x 10 inch square. Cut into four equal squares and place some of the apple filling in the center of each square. Brush the edges of the square with some of the beaten egg wash then fold one corner over the fruit to the other corner to create a triangle. Press the edges together lightly with your fingers then use a fork to crimp the edges. Transfer it to an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat the process for the remaining dough and apple filling.
3. Lightly brush the tops of the turnovers with the egg wash then make a small vent in the top of each turnover with a sharp knife. Bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.
4. To serve, warm the remaining Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds. Drizzle over the top of each turnover and serve with some ice cream if desired.