I guess these really can’t be called brownies, but it is the best way to describe them so you can understand their texture. Moist and dense = perfection.
All of my kids loved them, but a couple thought the glaze was too intense using both the lemon zest and the juice. To me, it was perfect but you could certainly substitute some milk for the lemon juice.
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tb freshly grated lemon zest (about 2 medium lemons)
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice (about 2 medium lemons)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray the inside of a 9×13 glass pan with non-stick spray.
- Beat together with an electric mixer, the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and scrape down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Add the lemon juice, zest and salt. Beat until combined. Add the flour and mix just until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in your pan and bake for 25 minutes until the edges are beginning to brown. Cool completely before mixing together the glaze ingredients and spreading over the brownies.