I am excited to have Deb from Made From Pinterest guest posting for us today! Thanks for your great recipe Deb 🙂
Do your kids have an imaginary friend? I have three kids and two did not have any imaginary friends while growing up. But my third child had plenty and one of her friends was called “Pony”. She also made up imaginary friends for her siblings. Of course, she didn’t want them to feel left out.
Not only did this creative daughter have plenty of imaginary friends, she became an imaginary friend. What imaginary friend did she become you ask?
Jim the Squirrel.
Not just “Jim” and not just a squirrel. Jim the Squirrel.
When I would call her for dinner she would not come unless I said….
“Jim the Squirrel, it’s time for dinner!”
So last night at dinner “Jim the Squirrel”
nibbled inhaled her dessert which was this Rice Krispies Mint Chip Crunch Cake.
Jim the Squirrel would like you to know that she loved this dessert and you will too.
And she also wants you to know that she’s not making that up!
Carole, thanks so much for letting us come and share our family and our recipes with you. We hope everyone is having a great summer!
- 1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 gallon mint chip ice cream
- Melt your chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave. If microwaving, watch your chips very closely so that they do not burn.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted chocolate and the Rice Krispies. Stir until very well coated. Pour this mixture onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with waxed paper or parchment paper. Put into a freezer to freeze.
- While this mixture is freezing, take out your ice cream and put it in your refrigerator to soften. I left mine soften for about 25 minutes. You want it soft enough to mix but not runny.
- When your ice cream is soft enough, mix in half of the chocolate covered Rice Krispies, saving the other half for the topping.
- Press this ice cream mixture into an 8 or 9 inch springform pan. Press down firmly to eliminate any air pockets.
- Then sprinkle the rest of the Rice Krispies on top, lightly pressing into the ice cream. Cover with clear wrap or foil and freeze until serving.
- Serving Size: 1/16th
- Calories: 441
- Sugar: 41g
- Sodium: 172mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 50mg