Ready to celebrate the arrival of fall? These Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins are the best way to kick off the change in the leaves and the cooler temps! If you love pumpkin streusel muffins, these will be right up your lane because they are taken to a whole new level with a fabulous cream cheese filling. Scroll on down for all the details, as well as a step by step video…
Is there any better classic combination that pumpkin and cream cheese? While I have never been a fan of pumpkin pie (just too much in your face pumpkin for me), I do love pumpkin muffins and pumpkin rolls, especially because they have that cream cheese combo going for them.
This streusel topping is one recipe I’ve perfected over many years of being so frustrated that most streusels would melt instead of staying in those delicious clumps of texture. The key to success is to be sure you toss the melted butter into it a little at a time. If you add it all at once and mix, you end up with one big clump instead.
Once you’ve used it for the first time, this will become your new go-to streusel. Yes, that is a real thing if you are an avid baker 🙂
Look at that delicious cream cheese filling 🙂 That creamy, slightly tangy addition takes this recipe above and beyond your standard pumpkin streusel muffins! It isn’t overwhelming at all. Just the perfect amount to add another flavor dimension to the muffin.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins Video
Looking for More Pumpkin Recipes?
Craving more than pumpkin cheesecake muffins? Subscribe to My Kitchen Escapades to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! You can also stay in touch on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube for all the latest updates.Print
Easy pumpkin streusel muffins that have an amazing cream cheese filling!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup powdered sugar
pinch of kosher salt
5 tablespoons melted butter
- Make muffin batter: Preheat oven to 350 degrees then combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin until smooth. Add the wet ingredients into the center of the dry and mix just until it barely comes together. Do not overmix! Set aside.
- Make the filling: In a small bowl beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- Make the streusel: In a small bowl mix together the dry ingredients then drizzle the butter over the top while using a fork to toss it together. Don’t mix it together. You want a crumbly topping.
- Assemble the muffins: Line your muffin tin with paper liners. Fill half of each muffin with the pumpkin batter, then divide the filling evenly between the muffins. Add more pumpkin batter over the top, then top with the streusel, pressing it into the batter a bit so it will stick.
- Bake the muffins for 23-25 minutes, until they spring back after being gently touched on top. Remove from the pan, then allow to cool before serving or storing in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 28 g
- Sodium: 140 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 51 mg
Keywords: easy muffin recipe, fall recipe